Are EA going to ditch Pro Clubs?

Discussion in 'General FIFA Discussion' started by MacMeldrew, Feb 22, 2016.

1. MacMeldrew

MacMeldrew New Member

I've been hearing rumours that the Pro Clubs servers are being downgraded and the last couple of nights they have been truly awful, people have been saying that it'e the forgotten game mode and EA no longer care for it.

Is it possible they are going to ditch Pro Clubs?

I seriously hope not, it's the main reason i buy Fifa...........

2. Coley

Coley Administrator Staff Member

I hope not too @MacMeldrew! It's FIFA's best game mode in my opinion.

I have heard rumours too though but nothing official. The problem is it doesn't get the numbers playing it and it obviously doesn't make any money compared to Ultimate Team so obviously EA put the most effort into what make the most dosh. EA will decide by looking at the playing stats if it's worth the time and cost of supporting pro clubs depending on how many people play it.

One saving grace is that if EA want to position FIFA as an esport then clubs is the obvious way to go however I can see it changing from 11v11 back to 5v5 or something similar to bring it in line with other successful formats in the future (just my view :))

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that Pro Clubs lives on though and will keep you posted as soon as we hear something official!

3. MacMeldrew

MacMeldrew New Member

It is the best game mode in my opinion too mate.

The thing is they could easily make money on it just by making teams buy the likes of Strips, Badges, Stadia that sort of thing, and if it meant it got a little funding to improve it then bloody great!

The fact that it's getting left behind and very few....if any improvements have been made on it recently makes people want to walk away, if they freshened it up then it would attract people back, it's a fantastic game mode where it really tests your true knowledge of the game with positional sense and awareness and so on.

When they released the Next Gen consoles they done away with the game mode where you could play in a party of people, i forget the name of it, i saw thousands of people complaining on the EA forums as they had technically removed a part of the game people loved and replaced it with nothing and still charged the same price if not more for it!

Makes me think that they would do it to Pro Clubs in a heartbeat again and just ignore the people complaining until they et fed up and move on.

I honestly think i would walk away from fifa if they removed it, don't play FUT and Season is making me go bald with stress haha

4. UFHQ | Nidge

UFHQ | Nidge UFHQ | SweetpatchTV - Tournament Director Staff Member

I personally cant see them removing clubs as it seems to be as popular as ever what i can see , but then again you never know lol... Only thing i would say is it does need a refresh as you say, but any kind of money scheme would put many off. The make enough on the game as it is.

They should bring back BAP 2v2 mode where u can challenge players of ye friends list and not this CO-OP where u restricted to playing random teams.....That way we could run a very popular 2v2 league. :)

5. Mike | JadMock

Mike | JadMock New Member

2v2 league would be awesome! Bring back ET & pens in friendlies!

6. UFHQ | Nidge

UFHQ | Nidge UFHQ | SweetpatchTV - Tournament Director Staff Member

Couldn't agree more on that one mate.......

7. Mikeyy

Mikeyy New Member

If they removed clubs it'd only leave 2v2 seasons for me. Probably wouldn't buy the game.