It’s no secret that FIFA 13 has had it’s fair share of bugs since release. The community has been very vocal about it and EA have assured us all that they’re listening, communicating and reacting and have thanked everyone for their support.
Since FIFA 13 launched it’s seen the largest amount of daily online play for any game in EA history.
Based on community feedback they’ve prioritised the fixes needed and have revealed their first round of FIFA 13 updates to address the problems we’ve all been having.
Take a look below to find out exactly what’s going on.
When’s The Maintenance
- The first FIFA 13 maintenance was on 10th October.
- There’s also regularly scheduled maintenance on 12th October.
- A title update for FIFA 13 that will begin to roll out on 10th October, and later this weekend for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
What’s Being Fixed?
Ultimate Team Fixes
- Items in the FIFA Ultimate Team watch list and trade pile getting stuck and not being available to use.
- You now can’t lower the difficulty settings in a Ultimate Team Seasons match.
- On PS3, the freeze in the Ultimate Team Online Tournament HUB.
- Planned work on the Auction House in FIFA Ultimate Team. (Additional server outage and update scheduled)
- Changes to error messaging in FIFA Ultimate Team web app and the EA SPORTS Football Club app. (Additional server outage and update scheduled)
Head To Head Seasons Fixes
- Duplicate match results in Seasons and Online Friendlies.
- In Seasons, you will no longer be relegated from Division 1 whilst you still have matches remaining.
- Made Online Seasons connections more stable when finding an opponent in the Arena, and at kick-off.
Career Mode Fixes
- Career Mode freeze while starting a new career with free agents.
- Stopped Career Mode hanging when using Game Face.
- Increased stability in Career Mode when players retire or are being bought back from loan.
- The Manager Mode screen was not properly reflecting the changes made in the National Squad.
- Napoli will finally get authentic kits and badges in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team.
- Freeze while retrieving Hospitality Settings. (PC Only)
- Leaderboards not displaying the correct gamertag. (Additional server outage and update scheduled)
Pro Clubs Fixes
- Legacy defending and passing assistance options removed in Pro Clubs.
- Freeze in Pro Clubs Results screen.
- “ANY” and “Match Keeper” matchmaking settings in Pro Clubs will now work.
Further Updates Are Due This Month
EA are applying fixes to FIFA 13 on an ongoing basis to avoid large periods of server unavailability. They’ve said that they have planned more updates for later this month and we’ll bring you details as soon as we have them.
For more information you can visit the official EA news release here.
It’s great news that EA are addressing and fixing the problems but the argument is that these issues should have been there in the first place.
Let us know your thoughts.